Malta International Airport (MLA)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Lying on the south-eastern side of the island, Malta International Airport (MLA) is easily accessible by road from Valleta, Marsa, Birzebbuga, Marsascala and Mdina, making it quick and convenient to reach from all directions. Malta Airport is especially near to Luqa, a historic village lying alongside the grounds and known for its church, which dominates the public square.
The airport is also close to Gudja, a small village situated to the south of Valletta, which overlooks the terminal and runway. Other places of interest close by include Paolo to the north-east, and Benghisa on the south-eastern coastline.
Directions to Malta International Airport (MLA) from the north of Luqa:
Directions to Malta International Airport (MLA) from the south of Luqa:
- From Valleta, take the main road to Marsa
- Follow the Marsa road southbound until you reach the airport
Directions to Malta International Airport (MLA) from the east of Luqa:
- From Birzebbuga, head northbound following signs for Gudja
- Take a left turn onto Gudja Road
- Follow the road to its conclusion and then follow signs for the airport
Directions to Malta International Airport (MLA) from the west of Luqa:
- From Marsascala, head west to Zabbar
- From Zabbar, follow signs for Paola
- From Paola, follow signs for Luqa and then for the airport
- From Mdina, head east to Zebbug then continue until you reach Qotmi
- From Qotmi, head southbound to Luqa, following signs for the airport
During rush hours and busy periods, the roads to Malta Airport may become congested. It is always recommended that you plan your travel schedule carefully, allowing extra time for delays in your journey to the airport.